Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I need a trip back in time...

Maybe I'll take one on Saturday, I have to work until noon, but that's a perfect time for what I have in mind. 


When I was a kid in the 60's, (remember them?), No matter what restaurant you went to it was always the same, a Dairy Bar, (Unless it was a Special occasion and the family went out to a Chinese restaurant). Howard Johnson's (21 flavors of ice cream), Beebee Dairy (no-relation), The Chart Room and so on. It formed a sense of security, a comfort level. They all looked the same, Soda Fountains, Waitresses in dresses with aprons, Cooks and Bus Boys in Bow Ties and paper hats. The milk shakes arrived with the metal milkshake container and a glass, the waitress poured the first one, the rest of the container was up to you. Mustard, ketchup relish and the likes arrived in a four ring -four glass, serving unit. Some of the dairy bars even had the pickles in those glass jars and if your parents weren't paying attention we kids could devour every chip in them. Even stores had Dairy Bars or Soda counters, Grants, Woolworth, and Sears.


Well, I need that 1960's feel again...


I want to go back to a more relaxed time..


And I want a cheeseburger with extra cheese...





I want my choice of Condiments


I want that Milkshake container in front of me, a Malted Shake...

And maybe...just maybe I want some Ice cream for dessert, Ice cream made, "AT" the Dairy bar, not some Corporate headquarters plant.



And sitting inside there, relaxing in the past...I can picture my Bike sitting outside...waiting for me...


Oh...if only the time warp worked...outside the building


klay

1 comment:

  1. Mark, in case you missed it, Dale is getting married on Saturday at noon. Even if you're late we would hate to miss ya!

    ReplyDelete