Wednesday, August 22, 2012


Hi Mark,

Saturday I rode up to Orange County Choppers in Newburgh, NY for the Hudson Valley Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals charity ride.

I took over 200 photos, but selected the best to share with you and the club. 

There were a few dogs. The mottle coat dachsund with one blue eye had a great personality.
I've never been fond of motorcycle trailers, but this "doggie trailer" was pretty cool.

The pink flamed sport bike is quite fierce despite its feminine palette. The owner was pretty fierce too!

Senior pulled a left out of the parking lot to lead the ride, but the directions they gave us indicated a right. We figured that we would just follow the pack until the Canadians in front of us decided to stop for a red light. We were boxed in and couldn't get around them. It went down hill from there.

I think we all kept looking for the first turn on the route if we had gone in the correct direction and ended up at road block. The road was closed for repairs. We followed the Canadians back, but it appeared they were headed back to the shop, so we pulled off and figured it out for ourselves.

 I took the lead and did pretty well until I missed a turn due to a missing road sign. Fortunately we ended up hitting the same cross road and were able to finish the ride.
Senior looked tired and serious, but gave me a big smile when I asked him how he was doing.
We met a Native American who knew how to laugh at himself. Check out the name of his club.

The Canadian's all had the same patch IMIN. Evidently they set up their rides with an online bulletin board, and anyone who wants to go replies: I'm in.

The public usually doesn't have access to the shop/stage for the show, but today they roped off an aisle so we can get a look. My brother-in-law's father worked as a machinist and he was able to identify most of the machinery in the shop.


If the club hasn't been here yet, it needs to go. 2 1/2 hours by highway



If you like those old bikes on youtube, you're gonna love this.

I stopped here with my brother-in-law after the run at OCC. It's only five minutes away. So many bikes to check out that you get a little numb from it after a while.
Some photos attached for your viewing pleasure














No comments:

Post a Comment