Sunday, August 19, 2012

2012 Brit Jam

A few members of the Club opted out of the "Dream Ride" on Sunday, instead they headed for Haddam Neck and the "2012 Brit Jam", (A couple members did both). The Brit Jam is an antique, let's use the term Classic, Bike meet. People come from all over to show and see some really classic rides. 
Visitor Parking

Show Parking











Here are a few samples of British Iron. (and there was a lot), Triumph, BSA, Norton, Vellocette, and Excelsior.









It wasn't totally a Brit show though, a few other nations showed up also, and each is judged in their class.

The Germans were there,



as were the Italians, MotoGuzzi, Benelli, etc



the Japanese, Honda, Yamaha


and let us not forget the Americans. Harley Davidson, Indian, Henderson (My personal favorite)









They raffled off a 74 Triumph to a man from Madison, 
while another bike advertised a future raffle.


With both the Dream Ride and Brit Jam under our belts it was a most enjoyable day. 

One side note: As Jerry and I left the field in Farmington I noticed a couple bikes coming down the road behind us. My first thought, looking in my mirrors, was look at these two Goobers, both riding the same bikes with the same paint schemes, Black and Silver. At the end of route 4 they pulled up behind us, these clowns even had the same helmets and jackets on, then I noticed they were Waterbury MotorCops. They followed us along for a bit and just before downtown Farmington we moved to the right lane, I prefer Cops being ahead of me rather than behind. I was looking at them in the mirror to see if they were going to pass us, I glanced forward and noticed the traffic light was red, I clamped on the brakes. As I came to a stop I noticed they were also clamped on the brakes. They pulled up along side and the one on the right yells over to us, laughing, "Brake Test!!!" I guess they were watching us instead of the light also.

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment