Sunday, May 6, 2012

Just hammer the square peg in!!!

Carol at Mikes Harley Davidson talked to "Harley Davidson" about the bracket issue on my bike. After explaining the problem with the new bag support having brackets on it and the fact that the kit does not come with a right hand CB mount. And after she explained that the Harley relocation kit does not fit over the bracketing mounted on the new bag bar, they told her to use the "Harley relocation kit".

I guess Harley missed the boat on this one, they have, or don't want to hear, that they had no clue when they designed the bar that it would not work on all models. If you angle the bracket and twist it onto the bar it does mount on the new bag bar. unfortunately, the Street Glide has skirts between the bag and the fender and the antenna will not go through that hole if you mount the bracket there.

So, I decided to put a square peg in a round hole, I moved the bracket lower and further in using a slot on the bag bar. I then threw one screw on the bracket with a big ass washer and the antenna is back on the bike. Temporarily.

My plan is take the bike to work, bring it in the shop and take a die cutter to the bag bar and remove the offending appendage,

Did I tell you about the passenger handle kit Harley offers, did I tell you that if you have a rider backrest the only way to install the passenger handle kit is to cut sections of the backrest mount off?

Another tid-bit Harley neglects to mention.




klay

No comments:

Post a Comment