Sunday, May 29, 2011

Riding Tip

(TOM Tip 1062)

I never had this issue with my old bike, 2008 V-star 1100,because I looked over the windshield not through it. The Street Glide on the other hand...

The Glide came with a smoked spoiler instead of a windshield, looks really cool...does absolutely NOTHING. if it rains you are in the rain...PERIOD. So I put a full windshield on my bike, now I look through it. If it rains I stay dry, (chest up), but if you have a windshield you look through you know that mist doesn't clear, even with a rain treatment. So you end up with impaired vision. The answer to this is simple. Carry a piece if cloth, preferably a piece of synthetic chamois. Small piece about 6 inches square or so. Keep this in you left pocket within easy reach. As the windshield gets covered just pull out the cloth with you left hand, reach over the windshield and wipe the front of it, One swipe is usually enough. You will only be able to reach the top maybe three or four inches but that is enough to give you a clear view of the road ahead. Chamois is best because it wrings out. Paper towel works also...once or twice then turns to mush, so I advise the chamois.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment