Saturday, May 28, 2011

The height of stupidity

Stupidity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Example:

I know the bed up-stairs has metal feet that stick out,
I know that those feet stick out on both sides.
I know this because when I walked around the bed last night I slammed my small toe into one of the legs,
I know they stick out on both sides because fifteen minutes later I smashed the same toe on the other side of the bed.
You would think that after doing it once, you would know enough to give it room, but no...stupidity.
As a matter of fact I smashed the same toe on the bed again this afternoon.

Let me give you another example.

Years ago I was doing some soldering, I had the soldering iron holder above my work area, solder a couple wires, put it in the holder, wrap a wire, solder it, put the iron in the holder, again and again and again. Sometime along the way the iron fell out of it's holder, faster than you have time to think about it my right hand flashed out and caught the iron, glazing all the fingers and the palm of my right hand, making finishing the job a little more difficult.
About 15 minutes later the iron again fell out of the holder, I started to reach out and catch it, then I stopped the reflex and pulled back my right hand, unfortunately, without thinking about it another hand shot out and caught it..my left hand.  Talk about your left not knowing what your right is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment