Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Pig Roast

Posted August 21st 2010  New London MC blog

My most favorite thing in life is...

Well...let's get rid of sex (cause that's everyones favorite)
and we'll have to ignore Motorcycles, so it's my favorite thing after sex and motorcycles,
and photography, and swimming.

So my most favorite thing (after sex,motorcycles, photography and swimming)
Would be...(o/k..we have to forget about cars and video games also)
and making videos of course.

My all time favorite thing to do is (after getting rid of all the items above, (and shooting, and fishing)
Oh to hell with it.
"One" of my favorite things to do is eating. (Surprise)

And my most favorite food (after Lobster, steamers, shrimp, mussells, raw oysters, calmari...SEAFOOD)
is PORK.
A Comedian once said in jest (and I agree 100%) is that the Pig is an Amazing animal!!!, You can feed it old scraps and garbage and it makes...Bacon!!!
He failed to mention the 1000 other things a pig can make and I love them all. A Pig Roast is a party for the palate, and as they say you can eat everything on a pig except the oink.

I have always loved roast pig but today I tried a steamed pig...FANTASTIC. Not only my opinion but that of the Judges since the 4 Girl team who cooked it won first prize today running against 4 five man teams.
Wrapped in Banana Leaves with its cavity stuffed with vegetables, fruits and spices it was the hit of the contest and not just with the judges, standing alongside the serving area you could hear people requesting the girls pig. The only draw back I found to a steamed pig is that there is no fat attached crisp skin on which to tear apart and devour. But the meat was to die for, moist and sweet.

The plan for the Club was to meet at 330pm in Montville and ride up to eat, a few of us, some because they lived closer to the location than the meeting point, others because they didn't want to wait that late, rode up early. I was one of the impatient. We watched as the pigs were injected, poked and prodded. We watched and waited as the teams removed the tenderloins for the judges, we watched, we waited, and we ate.

Another Biker who was there asked me how many members we had, I told him about 220. He was in awe, and then he said,"where ever you guys show up you have great numbers, all the other clubs have three or four and you come in force." I told him it was because most of the rides we go on have food. I told him to have a ride with no food at the end and see what you get. At this point Rick walked up and the guy said, " If there was no food at a ride how many of your club would show up?" Rick Chuckled. Dave told him that We know every location for good Ice cream in three states.

Anyway...here are some photos of the 2010 Moose Pig Roast...

















klay

No comments:

Post a Comment