Wednesday, December 29, 2010

HOW WAS YOUR TUESDAY?

Posted Sept 1, 2010
I woke up in the morning, showered, shaved, grabbed a spare shirt, and jumped on the bike. I made sure I had a couple of magazines with me along with my glasses and paperwork, because I was heading to 70 Huntington Street in New London. Ct for everyones favorite passtime, Jury Duty. With the day already heading into the crapper I decided to make the best of it.
Since JD was at 9am I headed out the door at 715am for a short ride along the shoreline then stopped across the street from the courthouse at "Kamp Dog" for breakfast. Since I'm not really a fan of breakfast, (eggs yeccch) I started the day with coffee and a "Kamp Dog" Thats a hotdog with Dynamite Sauce. Molten cheese and onions. Finished eating I headed across the street and parked the bike in Jury parking.
I met three very attractive women in the parking lot who asked me where they should park and if they could walk in with me. Unlike when I went to the Dept of Safety in Middletown I had no problem with the metal detector and headed up stairs. Arriving at 8:45 I signed in and turned in my jury invitation, at which time they handed me another form to fill out/ The four of us sat down and started filling them out. Part way finished I decided to read the form, "If you are willing to serve on Jury Duty again before your 3 year deferral is up, fill out this form and turn it into the clerk" Sneaky bastards. I tore mine up, the girls asked what I was doing and I showed them the sentence in question and they each got up and threw away their forms.
Two of the women were single and one married, we talked for a few minutes, then roll call was closed. I read two articles in my mag and decided to take a nap. Woke up when they told us we could take a break or smoke. I came back inside and this time the metal detector went off, ciggarette pack (foil). The guy behind me had an issue with the detector also, the guard wanded him, and as he scanned the gentleman he called off items, belt buckle, penny (top pocket), steel toes, I said "Pistol", the guy being scanned thought that was hilarious, the guards did not agree. back up stairs I was chatting with the two single girls when the clerk came back in, read off a reduced roll call and had us stand. The clerk then informed all of us who were standing that one of the cases had settled and we were free to go. I usually don't luck out like that but was more then happy to bail out, the only drawback was that out of the three women only the married one went out the door with me.
So here it is, 10:15 in the morning, should I go to work? The responsible thing would be yes, go to work. So I got on my bike, called Rick and headed to Canterbury to meet up with him and Bub. 95 degrees and the sun was shineing, great daay for riding, we had lunch at the Vanilla Bean in Pomfret, then headed east on 44 through Putnam and East Putnam, As we cruised along 44 another bike came up behind and joined in the ride. In Chepatchet we picked up 102 south, Rick mentioned we could have had lunch at Wrights. We traveled south to Chopmist where I talked to the 4th bike, We then turned west on 6 cruised for a while before turning south on Cucumber Hill road (?) and Moosup Valley rd (I didn't even know there was a Moosup Valley, and just what the heck is a Moosup.) We picked up 14 and ran through Rice City the into Ct and onto 14a to 49 and stopped at The Brown Cow (Ekonk) for ice cream before each of us headed our own way.
Historic Rice City Rhode Island: I have two questions...Why is it historic? And where is the City? I saw like I don't know, 4 houses.
Anyway, tuesday made up for missing Monday nights ride, and tonight (Wednesday) it's a Vinney ride night in Middlesex.



klay

No comments:

Post a Comment