Friday, August 14, 2009

In the Wind ham

Fifteen Riders attended that County's meeting on Tuesday the 11Th. After eating (club=food) a short meeting was held to discuss the Gun meet and to remind members of the upcoming Thursday meeting and Charlie's Birthday.

After the meeting, the members went in different directions, with a group heading to Ekonk Turkey farm for...need I say it...Ice Cream. I can honestly say I am proud of myself in that I did not indulge. Talk has been arising again of a sub-club forming within the Club, titled the "Fat Bastards". I even designed a patch for the group but upon seeing it they told me it has to be something they wouldn't mind wearing and a overly large man sitting (spilling over) a mini bike was not it. While at the Brown Cow (Ekonk) it was determined that an impostor had infiltrated the turkey roost and Drew discovered that the port-o-let has no light in it.
From Ekonk the crew ran south down 49 to rte 138 where they broke off in different directions. At this point I have to ask...for those of you who rode with the Club on the "Dog Run" (Chicks in West Haven) do you remember a short stop we took in the Branford area where a bolt fell off a bike and with it the Left peg and Shifter? Well... on the run down 49, towards North Stonington, a bolt fell off a bike, and with it a left peg and shifter. Luckily a more seasoned rider (with tools and hardware aboard) was there and corrected the situation.
I mention the above tale so that if you are ever on a run with the Club and find yourself behind a Girple (Girl/Purple) and silver Honda, you may want to leave a little extra space between you and it to allow for any debris it may leave in the roadway

Klay

No comments:

Post a Comment