Sunday, August 16, 2009

Adding myself to the errant parts list

The other day I made mention of a members bike that had a tendency of dropping parts in the street. I may want to add something here. My bike is equipped with a handle bar mounted video camera and Kuryakyn highway pegs. Last winter my left peg decided to loosen on I -95 on the way back from Milford Ct., it didn't fall off but it went, shall I say limp.
On the New Hampshire trip the same peg fell off the bike and had it not been for Bubba dropping out of the consist, making a U-turn and retrieving it it would have been relegated to history.
Today while driving up rte 2 in Connecticut on the way to Vermont the offending peg dropped off and bounced past a number of members behind me before disappearing into distance behind me.
So I add myself to the caution list, if you don't want to be recorded stay a couple bikes behind me, if you don't want to be struck by renegade accessories... stay in front of me or a lot further back.
As far as replacing the peg, (I never use the left peg) I am thinking of having a low angle Video camera mount added to the foot peg...nub.

No comments:

Post a Comment