Friday, October 7, 2011

Not to be rude...BUT WHAT THE @#$% ?

Is it Harley Davidsons, Is it the 2010 Street Glides or am I just one lucky SOB?  Remember the Thursday night ride I lead part way then spent the evening in Milltown in the rain with Tree and Sandwich waiting for a flat bed? That was a clam shell in the rear tire. My 15,000 mile service came up, the bike went into TSI and they found a nail in the rear tire. That was not a good day, I knew my front tire was getting to the replacement point and I figured I would do it at the end of the formal riding season, but nope, the new rear tire gets replaced.

Today I rode into work, It was chilly but I did my normal 85-90 mph weaving and bobbing. I parked the bike, went into work, grabbed a cup of coffee put my feet up and relaxed. I decided at 9am it was time to take a break from working (?) and went out for a smoke. In walked past the bike and noticed a spot on the front tire. Yup, Puncture, a nail. It isn't too bad, I was expecting to have to buy a new tire but it wasn't down to the wear bars yet and I wanted over 18,000 miles on it before replacing it, 20,000 would have been better.. But it wasn't to be, The bike is currently sitting at Mikes Famous...waiting.

I guess I really can't complain, they said the usual mileage on a Touring bike with that tire is 10,000 miles to 12,000 miles...My tire made it to 17,880.

So close and yet so far. 

(Stupid Nail)

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment