Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Here is the Link to the Photographers Picasa page

https://picasaweb.google.com/MF5StarFotos/NLMCPhotoShootOctober82011?authuser=0&feat=directlink#

Again, thanks for participating in the photo shoot. No one's face broke my camera!
By now you probably received an email explaining the tentative plans to distribute a CD with all of the photographs selected by the photographers from the photo shoot on October 8.
Since I took your email addresses and promised to send photos, you're getting my photos in advance. The files are suitable for 4x6 prints, maybe up to 5x7 prints but probably not 8x10.
They will also show up on the disk when we put that together.

/These are the same as I am sending you. There is an option to order prints from a number of online services such as Snapfish and Shutterfly which you may already be using. Be careful, because I've cropped some of them to non-standard dimensions. I have nothing to do with this printing service.
A few notes:
I had wanted to spend more time with each model, getting different poses and some shots of the interesting details of bikes. Alas, as time grew shorter I realized I would not be getting many individuals. My strategy became photographing as many individuals as I could with only one or two shots each. Even then, I didn't get all of the models!
I am not the best photographer of the group. Mistakes were made, and those you won't see ;-)  It was a learning experience. I am sure you will get some great photos from some of my colleagues to make up for my meager shots.
I like to dabble with what we call post-process treatments; a little computer art if you will. Not everyone will like the 'artsy' look, labeled in the album as "edgy look" but it's something different I thought I would share with you. Three photos were suitable for another treatment called 'out of bounds'. I hope you enjoy them.
I've known Vinnie for 20 years as a customer of his stained glass shop. He generously lets me use the studio on Friday afternoons to work on my projects and provides invaluable advice. So I did spend a little more time on his photos ;-)
Best wishes,
Maryann Flick

No comments:

Post a Comment