Wednesday, February 17, 2010

From the President

Our Treasurer, Paul Neves, would like a head count for the Veteran's Benefit on March 12th.


Please e-mail Paul at ninaduke@hotmail.com and pneves@gdeb.com with a head count so he can reserved tickets for you. See below messages.

Jim: Would you forward to members. I think all we can do at this point is help to support the dinner with either our presence or with donations. I have tickets for both but like I said below, I'll be in NC on Thursday and will not be at the meeting. I'd like to get an idea on how many will be interested in attending so I can hold tickets. Thanks.


Paul Neves

Jim: I attended this meeting last night along with representatives from local veteran's organizations, Freedom Riders, Military Veterans MC, Wild Style Riders and probably a couple more clubs and dignitaries. Basically they have most areas covered as far a running the pasta dinner and are limited to 500 tickets by the size and capability of the VFW. I have tickets for the dinner ($20) and I also have forms for donations if a person cannot attend. They expect quite a few dignitaries to attend including Secretary of State, Senators etc. Basically we can help by selling tickets/collecting donations and then, as the weather gets better, we could get involved in helping with renovations of the home they purchased in New London to serve as the transitional home. I talked to Retired Capt. Ronald Steed who is on the Board of Directors of the New London Homeless Hospitality Center (along with Father Michael Belt). He's heading up this project and they have purchased a home in New London with 8 bedrooms, but they need another 53 thousand to complete the purchase and renovations. I'm posting flyers at work. I offered his group (Homeless Hospitality Center (Covenant) Veterans Transitional Home) a spot at our blessing if they would like to provide information and request donations. I figured they could set up near the Patriot Guard booth if they want. This is not an association with any motorcycle group but rather the Veterans helping Veterans group. He said Father Belt talks about our blessing all the time.

I'm not going to be at the meeting next week because I'll be in North Carolina. I asked Steve to keep track of any financial transactions that happen. If you could forward something to the membership to get a count on who might want to attend, I'll hold tickets for them. Anything from the meeting last night? I paid the insurance for the blessing (896) so we're all set with that. Have 4 paid vendors so far. I'll be in touch.


Paul Neves

No comments:

Post a Comment