Thursday, June 7, 2012

What? Really? Again?i

I jumped on the bike last night to head home from work, the day had been a smattering of on and off rain, and as usually happens I left work to find my timing was off. I jumped on the bike in bright sunshine and hit the highway, I could see the entire area east of me was covered by depressing blackness, I thought to myself, this might possibly suck. But as with everything in the world there is that faint glimmer of "maybe". Maybe..I won't hit the rain. As I cleared the crest of the Thames River bridge I could see maybe...sucked. The sky ahead was pitch black and the cars exiting the bridge for Terra firma were putting up spray...just before they disappeared into a solid wall of mist that you could not see through. 


As I came to the foot of the bridge the rain was pelting my legs. one hundred feet later, fairing or no fairing, I was swimming. The mustache and beard filled with water, it got in between the hat and glasses and rolled down the inside of the eye protection. The drops were about the size of marbles. The rain lasted until the Mystic River where...the sun came out bright and warm and I pulled off  95 to have supper at the Equinox. While I was there the sun came out, the area dried out, the puddles disappeared and you would be hard pressed to prove it had rained out at all.


I finished dinner jumped on 95 south and headed straight into black clouds...


What?


Really?




Again?




Thanks.


klay

No comments:

Post a Comment