Monday, June 18, 2012

Ride report Sunday‏


This Sunday we rode to the Rinebeck Aerodrome in Red Hook NY. 10 bikes made the hop and AOB was 8:30 and all where home safe at 8:30

Two meals and two fuel stops. Total miles 400ish on a mix of highway but mostly great numbered roads in CT and NY.

In my opinion going to Rinebeck is BORING and the show would make a rerun of Benny Hill look like King Lear. It made me feel like I was robbed of 40 dollaro (my wife went to). I was so on the edge of my seat I actually fell off and took a nap on the ground during the show using my riding boot as a pillow How? easy just put both shoes side by side and place head on the tops of the toes using the front lace parts to center ones head, it all in the HD campers handbook.

The road where the bomb and the worst part is getting through the crappy middle of the state but that's not new.
Two deer where on the side of the road but no Deer Hunters were made today...thankfully.

The Taconic parkway is as bad as the Meritt turnpike, both narrow, twisty and no place to break down without killing some one. But it got us from point A to point B so it's just another adventure.

R/C

No comments:

Post a Comment