Monday, June 25, 2012

Reason to Ride Update

 I spoke with Dan Barber of the Reason to Ride Committee on Saturday in length. First, I want to retract my statement about alcohol being served prior to the run. Though I did see a couple of guys walking around with beer in their hand prior to the run, witnessed some crappy riding on the run, and knew the bar was open, I was informed no alcohol was being served by the VFW. Good to hear.
Dan sounds like a solid guy and I believe he tries hard to make this a perfect run. An event this size is difficult to manage, especially when you're dependent on volunteers. Sometimes perceptions are wrong and we need to give people the benefit of the doubt Like all of us, sometimes I am guilty of early conclusions. That goes both ways, because the RTR Committee's perception of what happened was also wrong. The e-board have been invited to their debriefing meeting on Monday. Hopefully we can make some suggestions to further improve the run. It's all about veterans, and the bigger the success the better it is for them.



Jim Moran

No comments:

Post a Comment