Saturday, June 23, 2012

Electric Bikes Wha? Why?

I was forwarded some information on Electric Motorcycles. Honestly in their current (no pun intended) configuration I see no real use for them unless you live in a city, don't have far to ride, and have limited parking. For any other use though...What? They get One hundred and fourteen miles to a charge, 114 miles. When my tank is full I have roughly a 240 mile range and there have been plenty of Sunday rides where I have topped it off just to continue having fun. 


But if you are interested in plugging your bike in every night, hopefully inside somewhere, not parked on the side of the street with an extension cord, then follow the link below to Zero Motorcycles. In my opinion the only thing they currently have right is the name. To me it would be a Zero of a bike that produces a zero ride.


Think about it, 114 miles means you can get on I-95 in New London and ride south to the Post Road North exit in Milford (54.4 miles) and make it back home, as long as you don't do any sight seeing getting off and back on the highway. This should leave you with 5.2 miles left on the charge.


http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/

Maybe someday, with a rapid boost system to recharge, or a easily accessible battery cartridge that you can carry in a bag and swap out. Until then...I'll take the thunder of the Internal combustion system and multiple dinosaur squeezings if it means I can keep riding.

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment