Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A little clarification

The title of this blog is "Beard in the wind" and for those who do not know, although I post the Blog, I am not "The Beard" . This blog was started by the previous News Manager, Ron Durand, and while I have taken it over, he is the heart of the blog.


Ron was News Manager for quite sometime, and when he took ill, I was asked to fill in. Ron passed away a short while ago, and some of his ashes are in the memorial site at the Club, along with those of Charlie Kay and Bob Pepin.


Ron did not know it was possible to have the blog printed and when 2009 closed I had the original book made I had two done, one for the club and one for Ron. I heard later that Ron had always wanted his writing published and that book he cherished.

If you search back in the blog you will not see any "postings" by "The Beard". when I took it over and used my sign on it automatically changed the name on all the postings. But if you care to read his postings you can check out the posts between the beginning of the blog and April 2009.. Ron loved the Club and did all he could to keep it going, as a matter of fact, he was the only person I know of to have the Club patch as a tattoo.

Ron left us in April 2009 and I am sure he is still keeping an eye on us.



klay

No comments:

Post a Comment