Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Correcting an omission

Two years ago, (almost) I picked up my Glide, I chose it by color. The bike I chose came with ABS, a stereo, but no security system. But the dealer I was buying it from was more expensive than another, the other dealer got me the bike cheaper, the only difference was that this bike had no ABS, but had a security system. I could care less about either one.

 Being a total vacuum head when it comes time to get a bike I forgot some simple things it needed. Rick pointed the most important item, The two into one exhaust the bike came stock with sounded like an idling refrigerator, so I had the Screaming Eagle True 2s installed and the Phase one upgrade.

 I was happy, but the Road Guards weren't doing much with radios at that time and although I wanted the bike to have a CB, I forgot all about it. But honestly it wasn't that much of a big deal.  Since then Radio Bikes have moved up in Club priority,

So...Today I ordered the "HD (Harmon Kardon) Boom" Bike to Bike CB module.




And I ordered the Console Switch kit. Which comes with a lot more than the console as you can see in the photo.

The antenna I bought last year.

Now all I need to do is come up with the money to get the Harness

And two Contact clips.

 At that point I will be able to say "I have a Harley CB". Of course until I can afford to have it installed, I won't have a working one.


klay

No comments:

Post a Comment