Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The End is Nigh...

If that is true and the world is ending this year, I see no reason why we shouldn't spend every available minute we can on the bikes. So with that in mind, I backed the bike out of the back of the Parts department at work, kicked her over and hit the road.

Have you been outside today? Gorgeous. The sky is...sky blue (go figure), there are a couple wisps of clouds and the sun is shining bright. best of all, unlike most years, on January 24th the sun is actually providing warmth. I cruised up Chris Clone extension pulled a right on Hunts Brook another turn on Unger to Moxley. A turn left onto Old Colchester then a left on Chesterfield. The sun was flickering through the trees, warm air surrounded me, and I just lost myself to the twists of the road, the warm air and the sound of the exhaust, Heaven on Earth. There is absolutely nothing like jumping on a bike at lunch time to wash away the cares and put a smile on your face. With nowhere to go it was just a ride for a rides sake. The only problem with the day is that lunch will be over, and I have to be back at work. You know what... I may have gotten back a little late, but no one seemed to mind, I was smiling. When I am smiling it means I am not looking for busy work for my troops. They have Youtube...

I had my ride.

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment