Thursday, August 18, 2011

What did you do today?


Let's see, I woke up, had a Charlie Horse in my left leg,(Who was Charlie, and why would they name a horse that?)
I jumped on my bike and headed to Ricks. As I turned onto route 207 I had another bike behind me, It followed me all the way to Rick's driveway.

Tree and Amanda picked up A's bike and took off, I moved the bike inside and Rick started the front brakes, tree called, we went back to working on the brakes, tree called, we took a break from the brakes and headed to downtown (he-he) Lebanon.
I am not crazy about the touchy throttle on a Sport Bike, took me a couple seconds to figure out how softly to use it to start off. The bike gets to 75mph real quick. gets to zero pretty fast also.

back at Ricks I parked A's  bike and we went back to work on the brakes. The front brakes were about half thickness, the rears were...well you know that material that brakes have to grab the rotor, that was...ah..gone..for that matter so was some of the metal that holds it.

Brakes done Rick and I grabbed the bikes and (hey, brakes work) hit the road, we went across back roads, split a family of deer, two fawns broke left and ran back and forth in a driveway, mom headed for the bushes on the opposite side of the road. We continued on to Columbia Motorsports.where the conversation revolved around rust, gas and carbs.
from there we headed to TSI, I went in to talk to a sales guy and afterwards Rick and I headed across 14 to find Bub.

We met him part way up 14 towards Canterbury, joined up we headed for Ekonk and Turkey sandwiches. Then we headed down 49 to North Stonington and cruised the back roads between North Stonington and Clarks Falls. Afterwards we stopped by and visited Amanda before running 214 across Ledyard, I broke off and headed home leaving Rick and Bubba to find there way back home.

klay 

No comments:

Post a Comment