Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 3, powerless

Unlike a few club members who are staying at the local crack motel, I and my father are, in the mountain man spirit of Tom, roughing it at home. My day starts with getting up, in the dark, washing up, in the dark, (water heated on gas stove), getting dressed in the dark, and going to work where there is light and AC and cable and computers. My father stays home, in the dark. This morning the water in the tub ran out, (used for flushing toilets) so I went out to the wheel barrow and brought water from that in, added bleach, (to kill any mosquito larvae, (last thing I need is a bathroom full of flying bloodsuckers)). Emptied out the freezer this morning and brought it to work. So far we had sausage and ham steak. Have to cook up the food and eat it, better than tossing it out. I did throw out an entire garbage can full of food. Today we will be eating hamburgers, lamb chops, ground pork burgers, baked scallops, stuffed clams, and steaks. One of the other guys brought in corn on the cob, and tomatoes.

My main concern is laundry, I hate going to the Laundromat, but if there is no power tonight it looks like that is where I will be going. I guess I will be going out and buying some canned foods and such.

The power in my area ends 3 miles away on rte 184 in Center Groton, It is rather depressing to have none, drive up one road and find it, knowing that CL&P has now promised it will be between 7 and 11 days for everyone to be back on line.

klay


No comments:

Post a Comment