Sunday, August 14, 2011

No Bike, No Dog, and it's raining...

Not a great weekend, I am currently watching a dog for my nephew who is currently, let us say, unavailable to do so himself as he is a guest of the State. There is no telling yet how long his current vacation will last, so I have been going to his house and making sure Max (Red Nosed Pit Bull), gets to go outside, has food and water. When I first had the chore I tried to get a friend of his (we'll call him Paul), to take care of it, but he was out of the area. He did let me know that the dog is co-owned by a friend of my nephew and he would try to get him to take the dog. That was a week and a half ago. Last night we stopped in, after cruising the back roads in the area, I figured I would let Jerry see the dog because the dog is cool, it's always smiling. I opened the door and had no response from the dog, an inspection of the house found the dog is gone, so is its food and its bowls. So I am assuming the "other" owner picked the dog up. A note or something would be nice. Not sure I called my niece to get the phone number for "Paul" so he can find out if the "other" owner actually has the dog, it would be nice to know. As of this morning I am still waiting to hear from my niece.

As we cruised back to my house I noticed an unpleasant sound from the bike. the bike is due for it's 15,000 mile service which through Harley Davidson is more expensive than it should be, well now it needs rear brake pads also, which I also guarantee cost more than they have to. It being Sunday, I cannot call to get the bike in until tomorrow. The bike is only a year old so you pretty much have to have it serviced at the dealer for warranty purposes. So the bike is parked

I was going to spend the day out on the bike with Julie, but again, no bike. We could have gone to Misquamicut and spent the day at the beach, but.....Rain.


klay

No comments:

Post a Comment