Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday

So I woke up early this morning with plenty planed to to do. I woke at 5am, turned on SPEED TV to watch the Formula One Grand Prix in India. My man suffered a flat on the first last, then later pitted out of the race. I did laundry, I moved potential flying objects out of the yard in preparation for Sandy's visit. The E-mail I saw from the Club on Saturday night told me AOB was at 9:30, and no one was sure there would be anyone to lead it. My plan was for breakfast at 7:30 then head to Stop and Shop to pick up two birds then over to DD at 9am. I ate breakfast, I don't suggest the pastrami abd eggs, its a tad salty for that time of day. While I was there a couple friends from the Fire Department rolled in, so we sat together and chewed the fat. 

Curious term "Chew the fat", in case you are interested it comes from the fact that, that is exactly what people used to do, they would get together, talk things over or visit and while they were doing so they would chew on fat rind to get the "juices". Sounds yummy, and so good for you. 

Anyhow, After visiting with the FD boys I jumped on the bike and headed out, I looked at the time and noticed it was 9:50am. So much for picking up a bird and meeting the club.

So I went home to a boring day in the house, at about 1pm I read the mail...The ride was on, AOB changed to 10am...


Greeeeeeaaaaat



klay











No comments:

Post a Comment