Wednesday, October 17, 2012

BLOG (n) Buh-log)

I had nothing on my mind to say today, but I was bored, and I wanted to Blog something. So I decided to look up something and see what it means. There are words out there that we use without even thinking about them or knowing what they mean. Take the word "Blog" for instance, We know what it is, Your looking at it, we know where to find it, well those of us who visit it do. But what does "Blog" mean. Honestly I never thought about it. When Ron,(Ron Durand), was alive he was the News Manager for the Club and as such he started the Blog. He came to me one day and asked if I would take it over for him because of health issues. I said I would, which was rather strange to do because I never knew what it was, where it was, or why it existed. I had no idea of how to use it. Ron took me through an abridged training seminar, Here's the address, play with it. Well I have been doing the blog now for a number of years and decided today to see what Blog actually means. I mean it must stand for something, so I Googled it. It is slang, an abbreviation of two words...Web-Log.

So you see I learned something today and maybe you did too. It's really funny though Web LOG...I didn't even know there were Web-trees. I think I'll go back on line and see what kind of things you can build out of Web log lumber. 

I wonder what area these trees are indigenous to...

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment