Monday, October 22, 2012

She fell over like a drunken...

   Sandwich decided he wanted to visit Rick today, so we both brought our bikes to work. the weather was fairly nice this morning so that was no issue. After work we headed up route 85, made a stop at Davids to change glasses. We cruised up 85 with Sandwich leading, turned onto Witch Meadow Road. At Alexander Road Sandwich put a smile on his face and proceeded straight through the intersection to pick up the dirt road section of Salem Road. I guess he thought this would trouble me. So once on the dirt section I blew by him and cruised to the end of the road to wait for him. The road there is pitched to the left and as I came to a stop I put my left foot down, but the road was a little low on that side so the bike started leaning to the side. With my foot now flat on the ground the bike was severely listing to port, Because of the position that my foot touched down at, it was was at the wrong angle to hold the bike up. A thought came to me... I believe it was from my left leg...it said..."Do I look like a damn kick stand?" Then she fell over like a drunk forcing me to hop away from it to clear my right leg from the top of it, then jog down the road to the guard rail. The best part...she never spilled her drink. There was one of those fountain soda paper cups with a snap on plastic lid and a straw in her cup holder and it was still there when she got back up.

We then ran up Hopyard road to the bridge and visited with Rick for a bit, then took Foxtown across the stream to Ed Williams rd to Baker then W road #2 which brought us down to 82.  I knew Sandwich had no idea where he was so I turned right and ran up to the south end of Hopyard road, where, I let him lead and we repeated the loop except for a left on 82 to 85 and home.





No comments:

Post a Comment