Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday 13 February 2011

Woke up this morning, it was 28 degrees and over cast in the great city of Mystic, I decided to put winter out of my mind and think positive, think... Spring.  I got in the car and headed to New London, I arrived at work and found my bike was sitting behind a wall of Parts cages. I started moving them around to dig out a path, doing so I figured it would be just as easy to receive one of the orders which came in Friday night. I started digging out parts and kicking the cages aside as I went, after a few minutes the owner came through the door, he had heard all the noise and came to investigate.

Done digging a path to the door I brought out Felicity and went for a ride, over to rte 32, across Old Colchester to Moxley. from Moxley to rte 163 to have breakfast at a small dinner in Montville center, the diners name eludes me as I write this but it's o/k because I didn't eat there, The place was packed and the parking lot packed ice, Neither Danny or myself wanted to risk it so we headed down 163 to 32 and Dunkin Donuts.

 From Dunkin we headed to the club to unlock the kitchen for Karen then headed up Old Colchester to 163, we took 163 up to Bozrah then ran across to 87. Stopping at a stop sign my fingers were starting to burn, checking with Doug we found his hands to be frozen also, so we made a stop at the Dunkin/gas station on 32 to warm up. While there a blonde inside requested Dave to come inside because she loved his horns.

I chose to put on the heated gear for the rest of the ride, we headed up 32 into Willimantic and Mansfield, picked up 31 to Coventry. We stopped for lunch at Bidwells, (Wings!!!).  The waitress came over wearing a NY Yankees hat, Doug asked if they had a Boston waitress and she told him "No, you're Sh-- out of luck". As we ate I looked out the window and jokingly said, "It's snowing", as I turned and looked out the other window... it was.  We finished eating and headed out, down 31 to 32 as the snow blew around us, (flurries) then headed down 289 to 87 through Bozrah to 163, 163 to Raymond Hill road and rte 32. We stopped at the Mobil/Dunkin across from Dunkin (go figure), Dan topped off his bike, then we had a small chat session. Leaving Montville we headed down 32, the Adams Family turned off for home as we continued south to the Interstate in New London.

We crossed the Thames (Pronounced correctly using the English language where "Th" makes a THH sound and a vowel followed by a consonant and another vowel make the first vowel long. "TH- A- mes" Not "TEMS" as the English (using I don't know what language pronounce it).  In Groton we took 184 to Cold Spring to Ann Av and onto Cowhill and Allyn to I-95. Then across the Mystic River to The Equinox diner for coffee and dessert. The slices of cake and pie were huge (as one of the waitresses said, "for $6.00 it had better be"). Chris said he was going to see what the coffee was like and I told him it sucked. He asked why do I always go there if the coffee was bad, I told him the waitresses. (Great bunch of girls, and most of them love Harley's). Chris did mention that although the coffee wasn't that great the scenery was extremely nice, Then he added, for younger people, not old guys like Danny and I. (Thanks Chris).  He was taken with one of the girls though, picture a tall black haired girl, thin, blessed above and spandex style pants that caught your attention immediately (when she was walking away, or cleaning the pastry cases as in today's visit)

From there I headed home, and Danny and Chris headed west and home.

I can say that at the end of the day...Everyone was smiling.

klay

Sidebar...

The anwser to the question is, "They handle their own hose"
Keep it in mind, soemday you may see something and need that answer to understand it.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment