Monday, February 7, 2011

Still riding

Three weeks ago Carey arrived at the club on his bike before the meeting, this was the day after the snow storm. On his way there he found that Waterford has an issue with plowing. He turned onto a road and found that they had not touched the road, there was a foot of snow on it. Myself, if I were on my bike and came upon an un-plowed road I would have found an alternate route. I am not as Intrepid as Carey, he soldiered on. He came to a hill and attempted the grade, halfway up he found the bike was going everywhere except where he wanted it to. This left him with one option, back track and find a different route, so he backed down, picked up his bike, continued backing down, turned around and headed off in search of another road. He found a plowed route and arrived at the club. I asked him how much his bike weighed, I know picking mine up after it goes down is a bitch, He said it's 900lbs but it has a low center of gravity and by using the backrest bar and crash bar he can flip it right up.

Yesterday morning he was on rte 32, he was following a woman in a car, he noticed the area ahead of the car looked wrong, he changed his line, the car hit the black ice and slammed into the snow bank, he rode around the ice, looked at the woman, gave her a wave,... see ya.

That woman must have felt really good crashing her car and watching a guy on a bike pass her waving goodbye. 

At 915 this morning I caught up with him at Dunkin, he had just finished his coffee and was headed out. Make's me wish my bike was not buried behind cages and crates in the back of a parts department.

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment