Friday, July 9, 2010

Wild Life

The VP asked if he could ride with us tonight on our way home from D&D,  Then he found out we would be traveling cross country on back roads through the woods instead of south to 95 and east.He turned us down saying something about dancing with deer in the woods. So Jerry, Sandwich and myself ran up 32 to 2a, crossed the Thames river, followed 2a into Poke-your-tongue-out (Poquetanuck) then took Cider Mill to Avery Hill to 214, 214 to Whalehead, Sandy Hollow (Three Racoons playing in the road), then 117, Lambtown rd Extension,  Lambtown road, across Colonel Ledyard, across Pumpkin Hill to Gallup Hill rd extension to Gallup Hill to Shewville to 184 west. We split up at Cow Hill, Sandwich went straight, Jerry went up Cow Hill, I took Packer.

And Steve...you were right about the deer!!! But it wasn't on the back roads in the woods, I cruised up the hill to my house, wheeled into the driveway and found a deer standing in the middle of the driveway eating apples that had fallen off my tree. SURPRISE!!!

Cut hard right onto my lawn (more a collection of moss's and weeds than a lawn) and damn near fell over. The deer trotted across the yard, stopped at the edge of the road and looked back at me as to call me an A--hole for disturbing it's meal then ran up the road.

You never know.

Klay

No comments:

Post a Comment