Thursday, July 1, 2010

Cape Cod 2010

I apologize for the delay in posting this, I had Jr save this on my computer at work and have not had the time to work on the blog there. klay

Cape Cod 2010 was definitely a unique (I guess that is the best word to use) trip, indeed. My mother, my father, and I left my house on Friday, June 25th, 2010 around 9:50 am., for a 10:00 am AOB, for Dunkin Donuts on Route 32 in Montville. When we arrived to Dunkin Donuts, we were greeted by the Woodhalls, the Henrys, the Scarritts, the Natales, and Craig Wormald. Mark and Doreen Lloret met us later at the hotel in Provincetown. About 20 minutes or so later, we saddled up and we were off to the Cape. Hey, when has this club ever left on time?


The only route I can remember we used is Route 32 to I-95 North. While on I-95, we were greeted with bumper to bumper traffic Tractor trailer tanker accident in Mystic. After 10 minutes of that, we got off Exit 88 and tried back roads. After about 20 minutes or so in traffic, off the highway, we were able to get onto Route 184 in Groton. We then proceeded to head towards Mystic. My mother, who grew up in the area, took over the lead and took us on all these backroads until we found the I-95 ramp in Mystic. (Yes, I did know where I was.) We got back on the highway, and the traffic was clear. After that, I wasn't paying attention to the directions, I just followed like usual.(Ever play Lemmings on Nintendo?)


We didn't arrive to our hotel in Provincetown, Chateau Provincetown, until about 4:30 pm that afternoon. We would have been here earlier if we didn't spend about an hour trying to get out of Mystic. We checked in, unpacked and relaxed for a little bit. About 6:00 pm, we went off for the two important essentials an Irish guy needs, food and booze. We left for the package store, people bought what they wanted, dropped it off and headed for Shea's for food. Shea's was a second choice. The first place we were going to try was packed. We decided Shay's wasn't too far away and decided to walk, seeing our bikes were already parked.


We ate, and then walked back. When we arrived back to the hotel, people got settled back in and met outside for a cocktail hour. From there, we all went back to our respected rooms. The next morning, the AOB was 10:00 am to go downtown. About 10:30 am, we leave. And no, this time I wasn't left behind. So off we went. When we arrived to downtown Provincetown, some went to go on the whale watch, while the rest of us did a little shopping. The whale watch people were scheduled to return by 3:00 pm, so the plan was to meet for the parade. Well, that never happened. The shoppers decided the parade wasn't interesting enough to stay for, so the shoppers went back to the hotel around 2:30 pm. The whale watchers came back in off the boat, and the parade had already started, so they had to stay for the parade whether they liked to or not.


Later on, the whale watchers made there way back to the hotel where they met up with the shoppers, already back at the hotel. We left about 7:00 pm that night, in search of food. In the process of finding food, we found RAIN! Not bad amounts of rain, but enough to annoy you. We arrived ato the restaurant and the food was OUTSTANDING! We ate and headed back to the hotel. When we got back, everyone went to their rooms for the night...which means no partying for Junior. The next morning we left for 9:00'ish am for home. While enroute to home, my bike decided, “I don't feel like running anymore.” The bike died and I had to use evasive maneauvers to get off the highway, and also not get hit by other people in the pack. I found out, your bike needs oil to run. The oil light had been on since Friday, but it wasn't on at high speeds so we just thought it was idling too low, to the point the light was coming on.


Ok, back to my bike. We had put a quart of oil in the bike that Craig happen to have. I started the bike, and now it made a knocking sound. We got the bike off the highway on the next exit. We stopped at a gas station, bought four more quarts of oil, and put two more in the bike. We went inside to Friendly's to eat and let the bike cool down with the oil inside. Of course, myself being very impatient, couldn't wait until everyone was done eating to go check on my bike. Started it up, still knocking. Let me remind you, a Yankee bike broken down in the middle of Massachuetts (Sox Country.) Anyways, we established the bike is not runnable, so we called a tow truck. Everyone went home at that point, expect my father, the Woodhalls, and myself. The tow truck cames two hours later, and off we went. My bike and I didn't get home until almost 5:00 pm Sunday evening.


Moral of this story is: Apparently, you don't have to have a Harley for it to fall apart on you. But you do need oil to keep one alive.



JR

No comments:

Post a Comment