Sunday, July 14, 2013

Saturday Morning and Bubba's last ride.

Running north to Bub's memorial, "Last ride", I found myself flying up route 169. This was the first time I have been on that road alone...in a really long time, this meant there was a bit of sixth gear running and it brought back some terrific memories. Coming down off one hill, into a sweeping curve then flying up the next, banking the bike for the curve and the crest then diving down again, Suddenly I was not alone. I could picture Bubba leading the way with that rubber band tied beard sticking out of his helmet, leaning that Triumph into the corners, between him and I and off to the right side of the lane would be a maroon-ish, purple V-Star with Rick sitting there comfortably as if sitting in those chairs in his house which I would usually find myself falling asleep in. Both of those bikes banking hard into the corners, sparks flying off the V-Star's foot boards as if they both lived for those roads. For a while it was like It always used to be, cruising with two of the finest people to ever breath the Earth's air, for no better reason than to be on the bikes. All too soon it was over and I arrived at Dunkin in Canterbury, to join in with the Club for Bubba's Last ride.

Bubba's ashes rode on the back of the bike with his son Keith at the controls, we took him up route 14 to 203, then onto 32 in Windham, and 32 south to route 2 into Fitchville. A turn onto 163 and we were on the final leg of the ride, all too soon we were in Montville, Bridge street to Maple, Gay Hill to Old Colchester then Moxley and the end of the Last ride.

The ride was well attended, and arriving at the Club found another large group including members, family and friends gathered to pay their last respects to a fellow member and a friend.

Bubba you will be missed, but it is my deepest hope you are still riding, riding with those that went before you, and occasionally, you can join me again on those lonesome roads and like Saturday we can just ride...if only in my heart and memories.

Klay  

Below are some pictures with Bub, and a few pictures I found of some other...Sky riders...




















No comments:

Post a Comment