Monday, July 8, 2013

Dyna Swing Arm Bag install

The problem with a Super Glide is, I am a Bagger. In my youth I had Choppers, with extended tubes or a Springer and since we never really went anywhere (White Plains New York being the furthest) I never carried anything with me, so no bags no problem. 

Today though, I have grown fixed in my ways. I need "stuff" with me. I mean the Electra Glide family is about travel, and between the saddlebags, windshield pockets, lower glove boxes and the tour Pack, it is like bringing your bureau with you...everywhere. The Super Glide has nothing and I mean Nada for storage. Sure they offer handlebar bags, I think you can get a set of shades in there, and they offer sissy bar bags, but since I don't have the bar...Nuf said? They have a tank bib with a pocket...Cigarettes...Very Important!! Harley does offer a frame bag that mounts down in front of the engine, I'm not sure what you would put in there, it would have to be something you almost never use because getting down between the front tire and the engine can't be that much fun. Oh yeah...it has to be a great spot for collecting road crap also.  

Well Harley has just come out with Swing Arm bags...and they are a nice size, easy to get to, and unobtrusive. So lets put one on the bike, (You only get one by the way...left side.)

Remove the two bolts holding on the belt guard. 

Set bolts aside.

Remove the passenger right hand foot-board or peg mount.
Re-install bolts and tighten.

Remove the left side passenger foot-board or peg mount, set screws aside. Dispose of pegs or boards.
It's a solo seat bike now...who needs rear foot mounts?

Install the forward (upper) bag / belt guard bracket on left side using original peg mount bolts.

 


Re-install belt guard using original bolts

 Before mounting lower bracket to bike:
Install the bag on the lower bracket with twocam lock straps facing upwards, thread through and lock on.

Once in place, attach bag to upper or forward bracket (belt guard mount) using remaining strap.

Secure straps.



klay

No comments:

Post a Comment