Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sundays Ride Report February 26th

I lost this one in the mist... Or I was lost in the mist...


A.O.B. was delayed a few minutes so that Mike D. could warm his core with some coffee after the hour of riding it took for him to join us. It was sunny with a little wind and the bank said it was 42* when we left Dunkin and headed north on 32. I got to test my ABS on one of the lights coming down the hill to 2A, but no issues since Evert was alert and in formation. We headed over the Mohegan Pequot bridge and south on 12. We took 214 up to 2 then east to Ryder Rd. The back roads of North Stonington were very clean so we enjoyed a pretty brisk clip in single file over Wyassup to Reuteman, down 49 to Babcock back to Wyassup, which we took all the way back to 49 almost to Voluntown. We flew at highway speed all the way to 14A, turned east and according to Rich W. I had a "Tom" moment. I had mounted my GPS, but never turned it on, so can only blame myself. I took a left "way too early" and was lucky to find a back road that put us right back on 14A with little delay. We went through Oneco and parked at Weidele's just in time for George to join us for lunch. Good Pizza, good company - God I love this club! After lunch we all headed west on 14 to Central Village where we split up. Rich and I got on 395 South and blazed.The weather probably kept a lot of people home, but it turned out to be a very pleasant day. I didn't even turn on my heated gear until after lunch, and that was due to all my blood pooling in my belly!

Take care.


Dave A.
NL County Road Sargent

No comments:

Post a Comment