Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Yesterday, the day before today, Monday

I awoke late, having slept through two alarm clocks. I was so late that I decided to forgo the bike and took the car. Normally I would have been up at 6 and had plenty of time to put on the chaps, heated gear, jacket and vest, then unlock the bikehouse (like a doghouse for a bike), warmed it up and leave, but luckily I was late and could not do all those fun things that need to be done to ride. I say luckily because as it turns out there was a tad bit of frost on the I-95 bridges over the Thames and a number of cars spun and crashed on it, both directions. (North and southbound bridges), but being late, and being in the car, there was no such drama when I arrived. This I feel was probably a good thing, I some how feel that putting your bike and yourself on the ground while traveling on a highway, amongst a pack of spinning and sliding cars, would probably have been a bad thing. That sort of thing might damage your ride and give you an ouchie or two.

Today I awoke on time, and I can happily report that the bridges over the Thames were wet, but not slickery in the least.

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment