Thursday, December 8, 2011

The wonderful world of Gerbing

I have been in love with my Gerbing wear from the first day I tried it. I turned it on high to test it out and riding down the road I could smell that smell electrical items make when they are new, and the heat on the arms (short sleeve) was almost painful. I started to wonder if it was going to light up.

From that day on I have ridden all year long. If there was no ice or snow covering the roads I was heated and riding.

At the end of last year the right glove stopped working, the problem, it turned out, was not the glove but the power feed in the right jacket sleeve. The end of the cold weather was upon us so I put the gear away. It sat in my closet all spring and summer. I knew I had to buy a new jacket but who can part with a few hundred dollars these days. In October I mentioned it to Evert and he told me Gerbing is warrantied forever. MY GOD!!! I wish I had talked to him last Spring. I called Gerbing and found he was correct, The Electrics are guaranteed, the fabric and such is not. they gave me a Auth. number and I sent it in. Gerbing told me it would take 6 to 8 weeks. That was October 19th.  Since then I have been fortunate that the weather has been warm. Last night, December 7th, I came home and found a soggy box on my front walk. My Gerbing jacket had come home, 7 weeks and it was back. I awoke this morning and the temperature was closer to where it should be this time of year. I guess gerbing is better than I thought, not only did they get my jacket back to me in the time they said they would, they kept the weather warm until it came back.


What a company !!!


klay 

I drove the car to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment