Monday, December 26, 2011

Monday

Woke up this morning with a cats ass in my face, not a great start to the day, I would have preferred if she is going to join me in bed that she have the decency to at least face a different direction.

I did the laundry and awaited a phone call. Sandwich, if you are not aware, was in from Ohio. He called and we hooked up at the EQ. Timing for the visit could not have been better for him, with Tree laid up due to knee surgery, Sandwich had her bike to use, (his is back in the Toledo area). Reuben's favorite food is bacon, this is one area I really agree with him, the difference is I eat at the Equinox allot. So while waiting for him to arrive I ordered ham, toast, and coffee. Eggs are something I leave to Raccoons. Reuben arrived and ordered bacon. The Equinox gives a pretty good portion of the crispy pig product, but I believe they give you that much because it is the only way to get rid of it. The EQ deep fries their bacon, very crispy, no bacon taste.

After eating, we hit the roads, we cruised up and down through Stonington, North Stonington, Preston, Jewitt City and Norwich before heading for the Club for him to check out the "Pavilion".

The weather was fantastic and so was the ride, I had forgotten how much I enjoy cruising with that kid. Except for Montville the temperature was between 38 and 42. The bank in Montville said it was 58 but I think that may be a "tad" off reality.

Reuben handled Trees bike much the way he does "Le' Orange" and we only let off the throttle a few times. These were the wet areas along 201 and Northwest Corner roads. Shiny wet roads when the temp is hovering in the thirties gives one pause to think. I told Reuben he actually looked good on the bike except for that stuffed Pegasus on the bars. There's something about a biker in full leathers with a little girls stuffed horsey that doesn't seem quite right.

Being able to cruise with him was a pretty good Christmas present. At about 1230 I surrendered him to the highway and to return to Amanda and I headed home. He will be heading back to Ohio in the morning.


klay

No comments:

Post a Comment