Monday, December 26, 2011

Celebrated Christmas.

 I have found that I really like Christmas. Let's face it, when the Truth about Santa comes to us the Magic of Christmas is lost. Childhood dreams become reality, and the day becomes what it was always suppose to be, a Religious holiday, although Corporate America would like to have us forget this.

But I found another reason to Love Christmas day, it may seem petty, and it sure isn't respectful. The reason is selfish and down right Heathen. But I like Christmas because of the sharing, and the family gatherings. Everyone gets together with their loved ones and spends the day with them surrounded by food and conversations. And while all this is going on....They are not on the roads!  No One!!! Anywhere!!!!  I cruised along yesterday after leaving Trees, I took back roads, middle roads and the highway. I went through downtown Mystic, and through the Groton shopping areas, and   I    WAS   ALONE.  It was wonderful!!!  When was the last time you were on I-95 and there was no one else, anywhere, at all.

The roads were MINE,  MINE I TELL YOU!!!!

Just me, my bike and the the great outdoors...Truly Heaven on earth.

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment