Friday, February 8, 2013

After leaving the Club last night...

Rubino and myself cruised down to Dunkin for the after meeting "meeting", from there I followed him down 32 over the Thames into Groton and up route 184. At route 27 in Old Mystic we went our separate ways, he home, me to The EQ for a little JD and coffee. I debated just going home but not knowing what time Friday was going to turn to crap, I decided to head back to New London via I-95 drop off Charlene and head home.

I woke up this morning, looked outside and thought to myself...I could have rode to work this morning, 34 degrees, no precipitation, what more can you ask for. I jumped in the car headed down to the Dunkin at Col. Ledyard and 184 where I picked up smokes, a coffee, and a big and greasy. Standing in line waiting for my sandwich I stared out the window thinking, "I should have rode the bike". I turned, paid the bill got my grease encrusted toast with sausage and egg, then stepped out the door into the snow. I should have rode, I like riding in falling snow. Down 184, over the bridge into New London, the snow was sticking to the edges of the roads, the parking lots had a light coating of snow over them...over the ice patches...


I guess the car was a good move.

No comments:

Post a Comment