Thursday, February 28, 2013

A little shaky with booze

       I have been bothering the Diner in Mystic to get Jack     Daniels and Jack Honey. After about a month and a half they informed me that Jack had arrived, but the morning manager was still working on the powers to get Jack Honey.

       So I came in one morning , Ahmmm...afternoon, and order a coffee and a shot of JD. I sat back and waited...after a couple minutes went by the coffee arrived. (They grind the beans there now, just started this week, Great improvement),  So I put the cream in the coffee and waited, no shot, (by the way, the shots there are actually Jiggers). I waited...and did I mention I waited? After about seven minutes I took a big deep chug of coffee. I found the JD. The hostess saw my eyes go large and came over to see if everything was alright. I explained, she cracked up. I have never really been a fan of polluting my coffee with booze or my booze with anything. I drank it.

     Yesterday the waitress, Rosa, came over to me at breakfast to tell me they had Jack Honey now. Excellent. 

      Last night I went there for supper, had a Wolverine Burger (which was really tasty but I hope it the meat was actually cow and not wolverine), and a coffee. 

Then I went to the Nursing home, picked up my father, who had been visiting my mother, and took him back there for supper, I had coffee. As I sat there I remembered the Jack. So I flagged Rosa over and asked for a shot of honey, she sprinted off to get it. A few minutes later she came back with a little plastic cup filled with the gold. It seemed strange right away, It looked more like a gold jello shot than a jigger of booze. On closer examination I discovered she had indeed given me what I asked for, a shot of honey, you know, the stuff Bees poop out. I called her back over, and told her I wanted Honey, not honey. After a second or so I endured another waitress laughing fit, before she took off and came back with the Jack Honey.

     They do pretty good there at food, the booze service though...a little shaky.

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment