Saturday, March 19, 2011

Thursday and then some

I got out of work on Thursday after a very long day, all the days are long now since the weather got better. Thursday and Friday all I heard all day long was motorcycles. During the colder months I take the bike out at lunch, and it doesn't bother me so much if I don't ride, between needing thermals, chaps, long sleeve shirts heated liners and leather, it's almost more work than it's worth.  But sitting at work when the sun is shining, the bike is parked near by and all you hear is bikes going by is enough to drive me nuts.

Thursday I took a ride down to Dunkin at 1:30 to see the Club heading down to the Saint Patrick Day parade and one question came to mind, doesn't anyone in this club work? I pulled in and found they had twenty two bikes ready to roll. I visited, I went back to work, and waited...waited for 4:30.

Work over I got on the bike and headed down to the Waterford Ct. Town Hall to meet the group for the evening Thursday ride. Sherriff Steve headed us out down 156 through Niantic and into Lyme, (yes the town they named a parasitic insect carried disease after). In South Lyme we picked up a State Police tail, So we reduced speed and bored the hell out of him then pulled into a gas station to have him go by. From South Lyme we continued up 156 through Old Lyme, Hamburg, and North Lyme to rte 82. A right turn on 82 and a left took us through "Devils Hopyard" to Haywardville rd (although I've never seen Haywardville), through Millington. We continued on Millington rd, which becomes Mt Parnassus rd, and back onto 82 in East Haddam. We took a left on 82 and headed down through Hadlyme, North parasitic disease, and Salem to Old Colchester road and to the Club.

Dinner at the Club was Corned Beast and cabbage with green beer. The meeting was pretty quick, then it was Dunkin in Montville. At about 10pm everyone went home...well almost everyone...and almost home. I arrived at home and found a voicemail from Tree, she was parked up on the interstate, She was cruising home on I-95 when the bike got fishy, down right wiggly. Tree knows that feeling, she's had it before, so she hoped for the best and continued on hoping to make it home. The tire let her down and the smell of burning rubber was another indication that the bike was going no further. She had called to see if someone had a trailer. This is a Motorcycle Club, of course there are members who have trailers, I'm not one of them, I would like to be but if I bought a trailer that would require me to buy something to tow it with. Currently I own the bike, and the ah... ah...that's it. the bike.  I suggested Evert, and she had already left him a message, I know Bub has a trailer but wasn't sure what he could do from Canterbury. We have the trailer at the club, but who could tow it and where is it's reg plate. So I called Tom.  Tom doesn't have a trailer either but Tom is like a guru at getting things done and showing up when someone needs help. Sandwich I know was heading up to the highway with his vehicle to keep her company and give her some rear guard. I was told the next morning that Tom brought air it re-inflate the tire, but the tire was too far gone. Sandwich said the bike was moved to a commuter lot and that is where it spent the night, funny thing is he never mentioned Tree. So as far as I know she may have spent the night with it...after all that would have given Sandwich and Tree's daughter free run of the house. (They could have left Johnna with Tree to keep her company)

Friday was a change in the weather, while Thursday was comfortable Friday was fantastic, and once again I was at work listening to Bikes passing by. The morning was sunny and warm but the breeze was cool, Friday afternoon the wind changed to down right warm. I left work and rode out without chaps, without gloves, as a matter of fact it was short sleeves and a vest. God..it felt like summer. It's absolutely weird how riding without leather feels, you can move, almost too much. All that leather kind of holds you stiff in place, without them you feel like you are floating around on the seat. I cruised most of the evening until I made a stop at Norms for coffee at eleven pm., then it was home and bed.

Currently I am sitting in front of this terminal, it is 9:29am on Saturday and I am waiting to go for a ride. I have no idea what I am waiting for except maybe an idea of where to go. That's it...I'm clueless, I have a whole day to ride and can't think of anywhere to go.  What a moron.


klay

No comments:

Post a Comment