Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Wednesday's Middlesex County ride and dine

Posted Thursday, August 5, 2010  New London MC blog
Sandwich and I rode to Old Saybrook Diner to meet the other members who would be attending. He was running a tad late and sent me an E-mail as to that effect, explaining the delay...not something I will reprint here...or ever text someone. there are some things, that....don't need a specific explaination.
We had orders to park to the rear of the restaurant so as not to get the place excited since we weren't eating there.

For the first time since the big Vin started these Wednesday nights, it actually didn't rain. Turnout could have been better and hopefully will be once more people find out they have a place to ride to on Wednesday night. We had eight peopl on the ride and two who came down to see us off before heading out. two of the eight met us at the restaraunt.

I am not sure how many people in the Club find themselves a little throttle heavy like myself, but there was nowhere to try it because we were stuck behind a car for the entire of Bokum road, and, I wasn't leading. (For some reason that I have not figured out yet, people frown on it when you pass the rides leader) So I stayed in place like a good person (grr) and rode into Ivoryton for dinner at a small pub with a really cute waitress across from the playhouse.
This pub has a unique menu, they have mini burgers, small burgers, regular burgers and Monster burgers. To my delight I found they had one of my favorite meals there, a Marshmallow Fluff/Peanutbutter sangwich, Reuben and I both had one, he ordered his with a Bacon Tomato grilled cheese sandwich and chocolate milk,(Frozen Chocolate milk). I had mine with a mini Bleu burger (not really mini!!!) and Hot cocoa (It was sort of a kid moment, fluffanutter and cocoa. We walked in and were seated by a really cute blonde waitress. We sat around and talked while we ate, Steve D'. (Pirate Girl's guy) demolished the Monster burger except for a peice of bacon. The really cute waitress was working for the first time by herself and had a couple problems. Wrong order here, forgotten meal there, but you know what? She didn't do to bad for someone by themselves. At one point she stood at the reciept desk, there was a low level light shining up at her, she had her head tipped slightly to one side and a nearby fan blew on her, making here hair fly in the wind. It kinda looked like it could be a Hollywood commercial.
Actually I probably won't be going back, there was a long wait for the food, the floors are uneven and the table requires propping. One of us received the wrong order (rude cook) and one of us got nothing and had to re-order after the rest of us received our food and the milk is frozen.So while the food was good, there were quite a few reasons to keep me from going back....


The waitress was really cute though....

Did I mention she was really cute?



klay

No comments:

Post a Comment