Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Lake Placid 2010

Posted Friday, August 6, 2010  NEW LONDON MC


July 16th, 2010 – July 18th, 2010

I know this story is a little late, but always better to be late then never.
Friday, July 16th, The Ride up
About 8:30 am, El Presidente, La Primera Senora, and Menor left for Dunkin Donuts around 8:40ish in the morning. We arrived to Dunkin and greeted by about 20 other club members. The AOB was for 9:00 am and left on time at 9:30ish....hahahaha. En route to Lake Placid, we picked up our New Haven people, the Natales and Llorets on an on-ramp from Jennings Road in Hartford. First stop for gas was at a truck stop off the highway. We had stopped at a bar for lunch, where this bar was not ready for a large party. The bar was separated into two rooms. The first room where you walk in was the bar, and the second room was kind of a dining area with a pool table in the middle of the room. They had one woman bar-tending in one room, and taking orders in the other. We were there for about two hours because she had forgot to put in one table's order. I have to give her credit though, for being the only one working, she did an outstanding job. If I ever have the chance to go back there again, I will. I don't know if I can speak for those people who waited forever to get their food. From there we left the bar en-route to the Golden Arrow Resort, where we stayed at in Lake Placid arriving there between 5:30 pm and 6:00 pm. We checked in, and checked out the Resort. We later met for dinner about 7:00 pm in the lobby. I ate light because the food was so good in the last place we ate, I had no room. After we ate some people went off and did their own thing, myself and some others headed for beach side of the hotel for some cocktails and beer. When the party was over, I decided to check out the bars that were on the strip. I had two bars to go to, one was the hotel bar and the other...wasn't. I thought I'd go to the other bar before going to the hotel bar because I thought it would be more things going on. Boy was I wrong! Total snooze fest! So I made my way over to the hotel bar where it was hopping. Stayed there for a bit and went back to the hotel for the night.



Saturday, July 17th: first day
Today, the plans were do what you would like. There is no set plan that people had to stick with, so people were on there own. So, some people went for a ride to Lake George and some people went for a ride to some mountain. The good story doesn't start until dinner time where PCO made “friends” with the waiter. Yes, I said waiter and not waitress. I will let the PCO tell the story, actually go see the Road Captain, he tells it better. Anyways, we left the restaurant with plans to return to beach side for more beers, cocktails and snack food (which the Adams supplied.) So El Presidente and Menor went back to the room and stocked up on booze. We left the room and headed to the beach only to find that nobody was there. Both confused and puzzled, I gave the Road Captain a call. He states, “Jason, I have Craig, Rich, my brother and I out on the deck – no beer and we are locked out.” I don't believe a word the man says and tell him he's full of shit. Tom knowing I wasn't believing him puts Rich on the phone and says the same thing. Now I start to believe. I go up to the room where they were because they said the door was unlocked. I went to the door, and definitely not unlocked. I called Tom back and they make the plan to come outside where they were and they would drop down a key. So the hero that I am, come running around to the rescue of my four brothers. Mark Lloret takes and empty coffee cup and puts the key (electronic key)it. and dropped it down. I go went to their room and released them. Apparently, according to Tom, the girls that they were with decided it would be funny to lock them out. So now a freed Road Captain, Tom got the idea to leave his belt draped over the railing to make it look like they had climbed down. Turns out they had them believing this, until Nelly remembered Craig was with them and she just didn't buy Craig climbed down on Tom's belt into my room. Anyways, we drank, had a good time and everyone went to bed.



Sunday, July 18th: The ride home
. The ride home is never as fun as the ride up because it means the vacation is over and for most part, this means people have to go back to work the next morning. We left the Golden Arrow about 9:30 am I think. We took a ride through Vermont and stopped at a pizza place I used to eat at during my snowmobile days. Speaking of snowmobile days, while at the pizza place, that was all I could think of, the past, with all the good times I had while in Vermont. Anyways, there is nothing to report about the trip home. El President, La Primera Senora and Menor returned home about 5:00 pm.

I guess in all rides with the New London Motorcycle Club, it is never a memorable ride unless something happens. Whether it was someone drank too much alcohol or people get locked out of their hotel room. I guess you really had to be there to understand the humor.




JR

No comments:

Post a Comment