Saturday, July 28, 2012

Ya gotta love 'em...

I run with two sets of highway pegs on my bike, it gives you a wider variety of leg positions. I put the long reach pegs on my bike the first week I had Charlene, I can't ride with just foot plates.


Last week I bought the mounts for the upper pegs, $99.95.


Today I stopped by the dealer and picked up the new pegs, $69.95


I took the parts home, whipped out the tools and installed the brackets, I then opened the peg kit, inserted the bolt, adjusted the angle I wanted, tightened them into that position. I slid the tension plates in, wedging the pegs into position, then went to install the mounting bolts to hold the pegs to the bracket...only...I didn't have any mount bolts. I checked both packages...no bolts. Time to look at the instructions. 


"These mounts require part number 94133-01 Bullet Tip Footpeg Bolt kit to install footpegs"


So back to the dealer... $99.95 mounts
                                      $69.95 pegs


Bolt kit...$21.95.


One look at the bolt kit though and you can see the reason for the price...

The metal used was especially mined out of the ground, "by hand", by migrant college trained Dwarves, then packed onto burros where they are taken to the metal-smiths and hand pounded into shape, magically hardened, then shipped by Clipper ship to the United States. Once there they are flown first class by carrier pigeon to Milwaukee, where trained artisans place them into decorative packages before sending them out to the dealers...

So you see...for all that...It's a pretty good deal...
wouldn't you say.

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment