Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Every day at work should be like today

I had to attend a meeting today in Rocky Hill for work, it being hot, humid and miserable I opted to leave the comfort of the gas guzzling AC equipped work-mobile at home in favor of Charlene. At 10am I jumped on the highway, If I had my way I would have blown off work and just cruised to Rocky Hill on any and every back road I could find, but since my boss was also going to the meeting I had to depart work the same time they did. I cruised 95 west to Old Saybrook then ran north on route 9. At exit 3 I noticed a couple drops of rain on the windshield, then it came down rather fast covering the windshield but I never felt a drop as it ended as fast as it began.


I arrived at the Marriott, had the meeting (luckily, the powers that be would be there for two additional meetings) leaving me free cruise back to work..


I took 91 south to Middletown where I picked up 66 east. Ran that till route 151 in Cobalt. Took 151 through Middle Haddam to Moodus where I grabbed 149 south to East Haddam and 82. I jumped on Palmer Martin Road to stay in the shade, which took me back onto 82. At the 82 route 148 split (ferry) I crossed straight onto Brush Hill rd. This turns to Mt Archer and was a really nice ride until I got to the top of the hill at the horse farm. On the straight in front of the horse farm the front of the bike came less reactive, sort of like when you start losing air. Look...up a head...there's a sign post...you are entering The Twilight Zone, No a loose stone, 5mph area. The bike was cruising at about 40 heading for that long down hill to the right left turn onto Macintosh road. It is amazing how long it takes to slow a bike down when heading down grade in loose stone. At the end of Macintosh I crossed route 156 onto Beaver Brook and then Grassy Hill onto 85 which took me back to work in New London.


I really would like an out of town meeting everyday.

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment