Friday, September 11, 2009

Autumn "True Story"

A couple years ago a friend of mine was out in his yard doing lawn work, I myself absolutely hate lawn work, and painting, and plumbing and any type of manual work but I digress. He was working in his yard when a sport bike came up the road. My friend lives on the outside of a corner on a slight hill. As he was working, the sport bike came speeding up the hill, banked into the corner went into a quick series of tank slappers, left the road, proceeded up his lawn where the front wheel sunk into the soft lawn and cartwheeled sending both the bike and its rider in different directions. Never being one to get excited about anything and unable to be compassionate when regarding stupidity my friend walked over to the crash site (noticing the amount of torn up yard he would have to repair). He looked at the bike with its Arizona plates with clumps of his lawn protruding from it's plastic covers and quickly determined that the rider was probably in the Navy. (Another strike against him as my friend is ex-Marines). The rider was getting up, a little wobbly with a clump of my friends damaged lawn protruding from his helmet and visor area. My friend waited for the rider to fully right himself and showing all the concern he could muster, asked, "O/K?" . The rider still a little dazed, shook his head yes. My Friend looked straight at the guy and said, "THIS is NEW ENGLAND" (as if it should be enough information for anyone intelligent), he paused, the said "They're call LEAVES" turned and walked back to where he was working.
I write this because there maybe people new to the area, or natives who have forgotten that Autumn is on the way. So remember, the trees are going to start losing their leaves soon, so make sure you have your rakes and tarps, I myself prefer a lawn mower with a mulching blade,or someone else to do it, I'll pay,(anyone in the Club offer leaf removal service?)

Klay

No comments:

Post a Comment