Saturday, May 3, 2014

New England Regional Chili Cook Off


A number of New London Motorcycle Club members attended this event today which is a charity event benefiting the Patriot Guard Riders and Somers Fire Dept.






Attendees pay a fee to get in and are given tokens to vote with and a plastic spoon to eat with. Each stall you visit gives you a small sample of their chili and if it’s one you really like, you put a token in their jar.

I recommend trying the really hot and spicy chilies last or you may not be able to taste the less spicy varieties. It’s amazing just how many varieties of chili are at this event. I didn’t make it this year, but I’ve been to this event in the past and can honestly say that I enjoyed just about every chili I tried.




The sample size is relatively small, but there are A LOT of chilies to sample and you will be quite full before you know it. The event also has vendors selling all sorts of things including drinks, ice cream and other frozen desserts which you will definitely want to save room for. You’ll need it after eating all that chili.






This is a very enjoyable event that benefits some very worthy causes each year. I hope I’ll be able to make it next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment