Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Riding a New Bike

I made a point of riding all types of bikes before I bought a Triumph Bonneville.


Cruisers






Sport bikes




Street bikes (a.k.a. standard)









Adventure bikes








Even a Can-Am Spyder




I haven't tried any Dirt Bikes, but I'm thinking about it....


 Thank you to Motorcycle-USA.com for the majority of these pics.

Of course the bikes I demo'd weren't as well, er... accessorized as these, but they were a lot of fun and I still like to try out a new bike now and then. 

Road Runner Magazine has a good web-article on things to consider when riding a new bike for the first time. 
http://www.roadrunner.travel/2014/02/11/five-things-remember-riding-bike-first-time/

One thing they didn’t mention was to practice putting down the kickstand a few times before you take the bike out.  Especially if you’re accustomed to riding a cruiser and you’re trying out a sport bike, their kickstands are very different. Take it from me, it can be a bit embarrassing when you get back from the group demo ride and you’re stuck their fidgeting with the kickstand while everyone one else has already dismounted.



No comments:

Post a Comment